- Neutral colors are the “in” thing right now. They generate an ambiance of tranquility and serenity, for a soothing effect. As noticed at this year’s Casual Market, tan, light brown, beige, and sand colors are a huge trend among the fabrics used in many of the new casual outdoor furnishings.
- Earthy greens create a feeling of enrichment and sustainability, allowing for one to connect with nature and blend with the surroundings. This spectrum of colors can add warmth and comfort to living spaces, encouraging family and friends to feel at home. For example, Pantone’s color report for 2012 says “Margarita” will be a popular color. As seen in the photo below, “Margarita” is a soft green color, ideal for adding warmth to outdoor rooms as well as interior walls in living rooms, dining rooms and bedroom spaces.
- Calming blues are also in 2012’s color forecast. Inspired by rippling, dark blue waters and bright blue skies, these bold, blue hues are a designers’ dream palette. No matter the shade of blue, this primary color is a classic favorite in modern and traditional home styling. Jackie Jordan, director of color marketing for Sherwin-Williams, was a keynote speaker at this year’s Casual Market. Her presentation, sponsored by Casual Living magazine, used Sherwin-Williams’ Colormix 2012 to highlight trendy colors for the upcoming year. In her speech, Jordan mentioned one popular color trend for outdoor furniture includes blue denim fabrics.
- Brilliant, juicy oranges and pinks are among 2012’s color trends. These vibrant hues aim to refresh and enliven dull living spaces. When paired with neutral colors, oranges and pinks stand out among the crowd, showing true personalities. Retailers, take note, homeowners will soon be seeking splashes of oranges, pinks and even reds on pillows; in accessories to add touches of brightness; as well as on lighting products with red accents, cording and beading.
To our friends and fans, which 2012 colors are on the top on your list?
* To enlarge, select each individual photo.