- 29% of surveyed consumers planned to buy conversation groups this year while 37% plan to do so in 2011.
- The most popular places that consumers listed to shop for these groups included home improvement centers, discount department stores and casual furniture specialty stores…mostly noting these places for their convenience and low prices.
- $1,000 - $1,999 is the most popular price bracket that consumers chose when asked how much they expected to pay for conversation group seating.
- 59% of the survey’s respondents would prefer to buy less expensive outdoor furniture so they later can change it and be more flexible.
- The remaining 41% prefer to spend more because the purchase is viewed as an investment.
- Colors in which consumers are most interested: Browns, Black, Metallics for furniture frames. Greens, Browns, Blues for cushions. Browns, Greens, Neutrals for slings.
- Top 5 countries for the source of U.S. imported outdoor furniture and principal products (in 2009): China, Canada, Indonesia, Mexico, and Taiwan
~ Sarah Kate